Since joining The Finley Group in 2001, Elaine has advised many of her clients on matters involving financial reporting, bankruptcy, corporate liquidations, acquisitions and merger integration. She has served in many roles and has been effective in controlling costs, returning profitability, selling non-core assets . . . thus, maximizing recovery. Some of those roles include:
- Chief Financial Officer of Wash Depot, where she assisted the company through a successful bankruptcy reorganization.
- As Chief Restructuring Officer of Carolina Steel and Wire, she lead the successful reorganization of two of the Company’s subsidiaries.
- As interim CFO at HLM Design, a national architectural and engineering firm, she was responsible for selling the firm through a 363 bankruptcy transaction to Heery International, a multi-national firm.
- Bankruptcy Trustee in a Complex Chapter 11 Case of a Mix Use Residential/Retail Development , responsible for the daily operations of the Development; investigation into the debtors prior actions and assets; and all case administration, resulting in a 100% return to the Unsecured Creditors.
- CRO of DRI Corporation, responsible for selling the Company as a going-concern through a 363 bankruptcy transaction, resulting in a 100% return to the Unsecured Creditors.
In addition to her interim management/advisory work, Elaine has extensive experience in due diligence work and forensics. Elaine has performed many successful forensic reviews, including one which resulted in the detection of a $100 million kite fraud involving seven banks.
Prior to joining The Finley Group, Elaine spent 6 years as the Chief Financial Officer of two public companies. In this capacity she completed a successful IPO and various private stock placements. She was also responsible for the successful negotiation of several debt facilities, as well as the acquisition and integration of multiple companies.
B.S., The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
Member, Turnaround Management Association
Carolinas Chapter Board Member, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation